Who is Loretto?
The Sisters of Loretto or the Loretto Community is a Catholic religious institute that strives “to bring the healing Spirit of God into our world.” Based in the rural community of Nerinx, Kentucky, the organization has communities in 16 US states and in Bolivia, Chile, China, Ghana, Pakistan, and Peru.
What are the steps to building a hot tub?
How to Build Hot Tub Steps
- Cut the stringers to the width you want the hot tub step to be.
- Next cut the 4 pieces for your sides.
- Lastly, cut your treads to the same length as your stringers plus 5″
- Build two boxes using wood screws and wood glue, and stack them like in the picture above.
How much does it cost to replace cement steps?
Concrete Steps Cost Pouring cement is about $300 per step at 2 feet wide and 11 inches deep, including materials and labor. The price of precast concrete stairs is only about $100 per step, including labor. When replacing an existing staircase, expect to pay between $400 and $700 for removal first.
How do you replace a concrete railing?
Attaching the Railing to a Concrete Base
- Survey Your Location. First survey your location.
- Mark Holes for Base Flange(s)
- Drill Holes for Anchors.
- Clean Debris.
- Place Flange on Concrete Anchors.
- Hand Tighten Bolts onto Anchors.
- Tighten Down Nuts to Concrete Anchor with a Wrench.
- Trim Bolt Ends.
How do you remove a concrete railing?
If you drill a series of holes around the perimeter, you can yank out the railing with pliers. Then, take the reciprocating saw (with metal-cutting blade) and cut the railing legs so that they are flush.
How do you anchor stairs to concrete?
How to Anchor Deck Stairs to Concrete
- Use your jigsaw. Notch out the bottom front of the center stair stringers to accept a 2×4 base plate.
- Make sure your stringers are level. Fasten the base plate to the stair stringers with screws.
- Locked in place.
Do concrete steps need footings?
Footings – When your concrete steps attach to a building, you need concrete footings. In new construction, the footings for concrete steps are normally installed by the foundation contractor. Sono tubes should extend 4 ft below the frost level (if that applies to your location – check your local building codes).